COSHH - Control of Substances Hazardous to Health
Using chemicals or other hazardous substances at work can put people's health at risk. By law employers are required to control employees exposure to hazardous substances. These are set out in COSHH (Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations).
COSHH requires employers to:
- assess the risks to health from chemicals and decide what controls are needed;
- use those controls and make sure employees use them;
- make sure the controls are working properly;
- inform employees about the risks to their health;
- train employees to be aware of health risks and work with hazardous materials safely.
A fuller guide to COSHH regulations and other information is available from the Health & Safety executive.
You should ensure that all staff are properly trained in COSHH regulations.
One important aspect of this training is the provision and retention of up to date COSHH (or data safety) sheets. COSHH sheets where required are available on all for the products featured on this site. Please use the search box above to locate the sheet you require.
Please contact us for additional training services we can provide in respect of COSHH.